Thursday 29 May 2014

Past, present and future



Even though my mum has been wearing CK one for years now, I still associate it with an old family friend - that is how much of an effect scent has on the memory and nostalgia! I really think you find out a lot about a person from their perfume, and seeing as this is my first post, I thought I'd share some of my preferences lately! 

When I was 15, I got my first proper perfume - Dior's J'adore (eau de parfum). After 2 years it has pretty much ran out, that is the 50ml version. It is quite an expensive one to start off, coming in at £65 but it was a present, so I'm excused!

Here's the almost empty bottle (cry):


It really has a classic smell, and no doubt in the floral category with its main scents as Rose and Jasmine. Also, what is really good is that I find it can be worn both night and day: I don't think it really fits into either category - it's a great all-rounder.
Here's how Dior describes it:

"The eau de parfum is the great Dior floral for women with a generous and well-balanced bouquet, and its richness is a source of inspiration. By celebrating Ylang Ylang from the Comoro Islands, Damask Rose and Sambac Jasmine, J'adore Eau de Parfum unites the noblest of flowers from the garden of ingredients.
The flowing and sensual curves of its amphora shaped bottle have made it a legendary fragrance. A sensuous and refined fragrance that has become a legend"

Halfway through my J'adore love affair, I discovered Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. On a whim, I bought it duty free on a plane in April. I love it at the moment, it's a great one for the summer if you're thinking of getting a new one.



I have the 50ml eau de toilette so I'm expecting it to last a little shorter than Dior. This one is definitely more 'fun' than J'adore. You can probably tell from the packaging! The bottle is great I think, shaped like a grenade (it also reminds me of Jimmy Choo's Jimmy Choo parfum?). 

The scent itself is also floral, and similar to Dior has Jasmine and Rose notes coincidentally! 

"Flowerbomb Eau de Toilette is an antidote to reality, an expression of our dreams. The fragrance lies in a bottle cut like a multi-faceted diamond, the hardest and most indestructuble precious stone in existence. The Eau de Toilette is a millefleurs around the freesia, Centifolia rose, osmanthus and Sambac jasmine, supported by a background of patchouli"

The next perfume I really want is Acqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo. Annoyingly, there are 5 versions of this and I can't remember which one I loved. It's even more expensive than Dior, so it'll have to be another gift haha!!

It has fruity notes, mainly the typical Mediterranean Orange and Lemon, so it would be interesting to see if I liked it as much as the other two floral perfumes.

I would really recommend all three perfumes, not too sweet and sickly and they brighten up your day as soon as you spray them! Comment below with any of your favourite scents.
 

2 comments:

  1. That's not my favorite one by Dior but it has a huge success here! The bottle is also very cute :-). The price though is amazingly expensive in the UK! I would say the 50ml is like 55€ here.. I've never heard of the other perfums but the 'Flowerbomb' looks supperdubbercute! Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes Flowerbomb is definitely worth a try if you get the chance :) xx

      Delete